In 3 days I’m turning 27, the big TWO SEVEN.. 3 years out from 30 (or nearly 30 as my mum recently said to me – thanks mum). Time flies when you are growing, learning, making mistakes, finding yourself, your path and your purpose, and boy have I been there, done that, and a whole lot more.
There is though a lot that I wanted to have done or become by 27, but I don’t regret anything that I have done in my life, nor do I hold anyone or anything accountable for what has happened to me throughout my journey. I truly believe that I am exactly where I am meant to be right now in this very moment, even if it’s not where I envisioned myself at 27, I am still so full of gratitude for the life I am blessed to live today.
To celebrate becoming a 27 year old I wanted to share with you 27 lessons that I have learnt a long the way..
- Life truly is a gift.
- The journey is always worth it.
- Money is simply a part of life not a pursuit.
- Try not to take life so seriously all of the time.
- You define your own happiness.
- You will make big mistakes before you make big successes.
- Learn to love yourself first.
- Feeling everything so deeply is not a curse.
- There won’t always be an answer for everything.
- Asking for help is something worth practicing.
- Life may not always go to plan.
- Take notice who is actually there for you when you need it the most.
- You can always start again.
- Don’t worry so much about the future that you aren’t enjoying the present.
- Make time to do what makes you feel good.
- Put your energy into what you are doing not others.
- Rid yourself of unrealistic expectations especially of others.
- Those who hurt you are there to teach you.
- You can always trust yourself.
- Risks are sometimes worth taking.
- Choose love over fear.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself.
- You can achieve great things on your own.
- Your passion can be your purpose.
- Working hard is the solution to your dreams.
- You are and always have been enough.
- Incredible things happen when you follow your heart.
I hope you enjoyed this short and sweet pre-Birthday celebration post as much as I did writing it. Reflection is a beautiful thing. Here’s to another 27 lessons and so, so many more to come. Dear life, you wild SPARKLY thing.. BRING IT ON.
All my love,